REVIEW OF 100 kWp SOLAR POWER PLANT PERFORMANCE BASED ON FIVE YEAR YIELD DATA
This work envisages review of performance of ground mounted solar power plant of 100 kWp capacity at Gandhi Krishi Vignan Kendra, Bangalore. The Solar Power Plant was commissioning in Oct 2012. The Inverter data is used for this study to review the Performance. The component failure issues are discussed in brief and recommendations are formed based on the Experience of the Personnel involved in Maintenance of the Solar Power Plant. The objective of this work is to explore Maintenance requirements for maximizing the yield post five year period of installation.
SRTPV System details:
1. 100 kWp Grid Connected Ground mount Solar Power Plant
2. Lat 1303’/Long 7752’. 3. Module Technology used-Crystalline PV- 230Wp- 432 Nos.
3. Inverters Used: 8kW x 06 Nos. & 6 kW x 09 Nos.,4. Grid Interface Voltage: 415V, 3 Phase @ 50Hz.
The following Single Line Diagram shows the Architecture used in the Solar Power Plant.
Energy Yield Data of Inverters:
The monthly energy yield is shown in the graph below:
The total annual Energy yield and Carbon emission savings are shown in the following graph
The Solar Power Plant has generated a total of 678MWhr until August 2017 resulting in a CUF >20%. The PV Modules were also tested individually for determining Energy Derating factors. The module derating is found to be <3% in five years. The derating of Energy Yield may be due to factors of increased shadow from trees around the solar power plant area, variation in Annual Global Solar Radiation, grid blackout, dust factor and aging of PV Modules.
The Solar Power Plant is working well. The complaint record indicates that there are Five incidences of Inverter related issues during the AMC Period and all the complaints are attended on time. The SPV Module cleaning frequency requires increase to maximize energy Harvest. Trimming of Trees around the Solar Power Plant can improve capacity utilization factor by 1-2%. The Warranty of inverters requires extension to cover any eventuality of failures.
References for this study:
- Energy Data Log book at Control Room, Solar Power Plant, and GKVK.
- Third Party Inspection Report of 100 kWp Solar Power Plant by TUV Rhienland, Dec 2012.
- First Year Performance Analysis of 100 kWp Solar Power Plant by Installer, Jan 2014
- Complaint Record Book available at Control Room, 100 kWp Solar Power Plant, GKVK.